Filing A Complaint


What to do if you think someone might be dumping or building illegally on the bayou? Or in a way that is damaging?


Here is how to check whether a property owner has a permit from the City of Houston.

Here is how to complain to the City of Houston Floodplain Management Office.

Here is how to complain to the permits office of the Harris County Engineering Department.

Here is how to complain to the Galveston District of the Corps of Engineers. You can also call the District’s Regulatory Hotline at 409-766-3869.

Here is how to complain to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

In addition, you can report acts of pollution to air, water, or land, by calling the Houston Police Department’s Environmental Investigations Unit at 713-525-2728.

You can also report chemical spills, possible illegal use of pesticides, and other environmental violations to the Environmental Protection Agency.

Dumping of debris into ditches, streams, or bayous is a violation of the Houston Code of Ordinances Section 28-1. To report a violation or a maintenance problem, call the City’s Service Helpline by dialing 3-1-1.